Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] How to design a Wooden Boat (.F3D files)  

Admin
Admin
(@benk)

Hi All,

I hope you enjoyed the videos. You can download the .f3d files from videos How to design a Wooden Boat - Part01/02 here:

The first Boat I built:
bit.ly/2YmGUHv

The Boat from the video:
bit.ly/2FLgwzB

If you have any question, please let me know.

Good Luck ?

8 Replies
scottacus
(@scottacus)

I am very new to F360 and would like to be able to machine a boat model hull using and stl file made via F360.  This sort of complexity is way beyond my skill level but I've drawn up frame sections as vectors as a guide.  Do you offer lofting services if I were to get you the various geometries for the hull.  Here is my attempt in F360 at lofting frames.

scottacus
(@scottacus)

Your method is very elegant, here was my attempt at lofting the frames which is very blocky and has errors where the frames don't connect correctly.

scottacus
(@scottacus)
Admin
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @scottacus,

I have some few questions for you:

1. Did you create this STL file by yourself or did you import it from somewhere else?
  2. Do you have a specific boat model drawing which you want to use?
  3. You must make sure you don't have any Errors (Red) or Warnings (Yellow) in the Timeline! You have to fix them first before you continue.
  4. If you have the drawing (an image/PDF), please send it to me.
  5. Today or Tomorrow, I'm releasing a new video with a new technique, which in your case will be very helpful - Stay tuned ?
scottacus
(@scottacus)

Yes I did make the F360 file.

This is a specific boat that I want to model.

I can get you any ships lines drawings that you want to use.  Where do you want me to send them?

scottacus
(@scottacus)

I tried to send you a message via the forum but it looks like I don't have access to that feature at this time...

1 Reply
Admin
Admin
(@benk)

Posted by: scottacus

I tried to send you a message via the forum but it looks like I don't have access to that feature at this time...

Do you mean you tried to send me a private message and you couldn't?

scottacus
(@scottacus)

Yes I got a red message rom the forum at the bottom of the messaging page when I tried to send you a PM that said that I don't have access to that feature.

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com & chiefDreamer.com
crossmenu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram