Notifications
Clear all

Airframe : how to use fusion360 to design an airframe for an aircraft or any type of aircraft.  

Airwolf357
(@airwolf357)

I would love to see a video instructing a person on how to design an airframe (the skeleton) of any type of aircraft for manufacturing, milling, and cam(ing) of individual parts of a aircraft. Also cnc (fusion360) lathe(ing) of Pipes for said airframes.

6 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @airwolf357,

Unfortunately, I don't work with cnc machines, but I can help you build this air-frame.

Airwolf357
(@airwolf357)

thank you Ben K I appreciate it.

Airwolf357
(@airwolf357)

I also need to find someone to teach me how to do the airframe on fusion 360 because I have an idea for a new 3d cnc plasma lathe to measure and cut airframe pipes en masse. In order to produce an aircraft frame quickly and precisely. I will still need your instruction. Again Thank you Ben K. Love This Web Site.  

3 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@airwolf357,

How much experience do you have with Fusion 360?

Airwolf357
(@airwolf357)

@benk I have one Year working with Fusion 360. I have Pipeline designed two simple Magnetic Base pieces for Chess set pieces in a portable Chessbox (still working on it) of my own design. They were designed on Fusion 360 and saved as an stl file. They were then printed on a 3d printer. I still have a lot to learn and I have thirst for learning programs and other subjects. I know about on YouTube three excellent channels for learning Fusion 360. 1st Is Lars Christiansen. 2nd is Product design Online by Kevin Kennedy. 3rd is your YouTube channel and May I say that yours is very excellent and exclusive because yours does an excellent job of touching on 2 of my favorite subjects Aircraft and Boats. Thank You soo much for that. I have tried for a year trying to find tutorials on both those subjects. Before Autodesk Fusion 360 I have some experience with Autodesk Autocad 2007. On Autocad I was able to reverse engineer (from some Pisspoor blueprints) a P40 Warhawk and a F4u Corsair. Also on Autocad 2007 I came up with a new Ultralight motoglider aircraft and was partway done with reverse engineering from a blueprint (also from some Pisspoor blueprints) for a J3 Kitten. So you could say I am higher than a noob but less than an intermediate user. Thank you soo much Benk. My reason for seeking you out is I would like to design either a 10/16ths or an 11/16th scale ultralight (pilotable) F4u corsair and a same scale P40 Warhawk. I also want to design the Ultralight Motoglider I have Designed in my mind. By Ultralight for these 3 aircraft I mean Part 103 Flying of the FAA Flight rules and regulations. I need to be able to design the airframe for all three aircraft. I hope you understand what I am trying to accomplish. Also I love learning. Again Thank You Benk.

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@airwolf357,

Sure, I'll do my best to help you.

Just let me know, where you are in the process of modeling the F4u corsair and the P40 Warhawk. If you get stuck, then me a link to the file/s and I'll check it out.

P.s

I have a CPL 😉

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram