Notifications
Clear all

How to move airfoils in fusion 360

Ana
 Ana
Topic starter
(@ana)

Dear community,

I am coursing mechanical engineering at Minho University from Portugal. My team is having some problems working with fusion 360, and we would apreciate if you could help us.

In our project we are working with airflois (NACA 0012) added from the software which don’t follow the constrution line as you can see in the video. Is there any solution to this problem?

We would also like to know if is there any way of changing the shape of the airfoil with the construction line or any command to do it by itself. 

Yours sincerely,

Ana

4 Replies
(@benk)
3 Replies
Ana
 Ana
(@ana)

Hey, @benk

Thanks for the video! However our doubt is focused on the possibility of changing the dimensions of the vertical stabilizer (changing the skeleton) and that all the sketches follow that change. When we change dimensions, airfoil does not move in space. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, if we change the size of the construction line, is there any way for the airfoil to change automatically too?

Thanks in advance!

Ana 🙂

Bilal Malik
(@millenialboomer)

@ana i tried this too, but i don't think there is any walkaround to your request.

obviously, you can remove the sketch and insert a FOIL on the new line.

i guess it is limited to how the Airfoil Sketch from File works.

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@ana,

Yes, it is possible but it is very complex.

You need to dimension each spline point as a percentage of fuselage length or width.

This way, if you change the fuselage dimension the vertical stabilizer will change accordingly since it's a % of the fuselage dimension.

I hope it makes sense?

Why can't you just use the Scale command?

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram