EKG Electro-Probe I...

Notifications
Clear all

EKG Electro-Probe Insert

SheriffJackCarter
Topic starter
(@sheriffjackcarter)

I am trying to create a new insert/cover for this medical device. I watched your video (YouTube ID: 7F2SkJhI2g0) and followed along as best I can but I just can't seem to get the shape I need. Basically, this insert would need to go inside a 1mm cavity with cutouts for four 10mm buttons, one rotary encoder/wheel as well as it's symbol. I have been at this for weeks trying every method I can think of but I just can't get there and could use some help. Right now, I have two big bumps where it should be flat. There's a 3mm rake along the 90mm length of the insert. There's also curves upon curves which I believe is where I'm getting tripped up. I feel like I'm close but there's just something I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @sheriffjackcarter,

The best way in my opinion to achieve what you want, is to create the whole device and then do the cut out!

To create the cut out, you simply use a simple sketch (for the top shape and the side shape)with the shape that you want and then use the Split Body tool. I will start from the side and then the top.

After that, you can use the surface tool Offset to create the cover.

I hope this help!

Cheers.

SheriffJackCarter
Topic starter
(@sheriffjackcarter)

I found a solution, although probably less than ideal. I added a total of 23 interior ribs down the length of the top surface to get rid of any unwanted major bumps as a result of the patch, leaving a reasonably flat surface. Each rib has a spline point in the middle to achieve the mild curve in the surface that is desired to match the curvature of the original device.

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram