Fusion 360: When & ...

Notifications
Clear all

Fusion 360: When & How to use 3D Sketch? Wrinkles  

Will
 Will
(@will)

I followed the great video here

. but I'm getting a wrinkled surface and I'm not sure why any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @will,

1. I want you to redo what you did but turn on Capture Design History. You are on Direct mode right now.

2. I want you to make sure that all the horizontal sketches, are connected to the Vertical sketch in the middle.

When you are done, send me the file and I'll help you to move forward.

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@will,

Another thing that could help you, is to turn this mesh into a solid. Let me know if you don't know how to do it.

3 Replies
Will
 Will
(@will)

@benk

I remade the model with the history turned on and connecting the guide rails to the spine got rid of the major kinks, so thank you for your kind advice.

When I look at the curvature analysis I can now so places I can improve the previous sketches, I can use the history to go back and makes edits to the sketch but it then generates errors and doesn't recalculate, any tips to allow continual tweaking and refinements?

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@will

Did you use 3D sketches? I'm asking because you don't need to!

Will
 Will
(@will)

@benk The tickbox for 3d sketch was not ticked but I did move points of the 2d plane making them 3d sketches?

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@will,

Here we go, you don't have to go with technique that I show in the video, just remember the Tangent constraint!

http://somup.com/cY13jeQUOZ

1 Reply
Will
 Will
(@will)

@benk Thank you so so much, Some great tips that ill implement now. It was a very special feeling seeing you talk over the model that I've been working on and addressing me personally. What a great Internet moment!

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram