Notifications
Clear all

Guitar model [F3D file + Canvas]

Ben K.
Admin
Topic starter
(@benk)

Hey guys,

I hope you will enjoy this model. If you have any questions, please let me know.

If you don't know how to work with the Timeline or how to work with Canvas, then please contact me for 1 on 1 Training.

If you like my work and want to Invite me for an Ice Cream or a coffee, I would really appreciate it 👍

You need to
or
Register
to download this file

9 Replies
lwt0912.lt
(@lwt0912-lt)

do you have an older file so that this can be opened in the older version of fusion as i am not able to update.

3 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @lwt0912-lt,

I don't understand the problem? You cannot open the F3D file?

lwt0912.lt
(@lwt0912-lt)

@benk Sorry it just decided to open for me, thanks.

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@lwt0912-lt

No problem, let me know if you have any question 😉

Cheers.

Wheresthedug
(@wheresthedug)

Thanks for making this available. It is an awesome model and a fantastic way to learn the concepts.

I have managed to get to the stage of tracing the body shape with the split tool. Howver it is tricky to get the right fit point locations. I noticed that you have some construction lines around the body. Presumably these are used to help understand the geometry and aid with positioning of the fit points. However, I can't figure out how the locations for the construction lines was decided on. Could you explain the thinking a little please.

4 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @wheresthedug,

Don't confuse construction lines with the Spline constructions lines!

Just follow the lines from the drawings, but remember to split your sketches instead of one sketch file with many geometries.

Roll the timeline all the way to the beginning and then move it step by step. This way it will be much easier for you to see exactly what I did.

Wheresthedug
(@wheresthedug)

@benk oh, I am confused. I didn’t even know spine construction lines even existed 😆

i did roll the time line back to the beginning and have been working through each step trying to understand exactly what was done. I have created the various views and reference planes and brought in the canvases etc. I can wuite get the side view of the neck to exactly align with body side but I presume that is the point you were referring to in the video about scaling because plans drawn from above don’t necessarily scale reflect reality when the surface runs at an angle towards or away from the viewer. Still not totally sure how to resolve that one but I’m working on it.

In respect of the splines. I did follow the lines of the drawings but was wondering if there is anything more scientific in your approach to point placement than just clocking every so often. I’ll try and investigate Spline Construction Lines today.

Alan

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@wheresthedug,

There is nothing scientific about my approach and that is because I don't have all the measurements!

Sometimes you have to work with what you've got 😉

Wheresthedug
(@wheresthedug)

@benk 👍

OK thanks. So suck it and see it is then 😀

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram