Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] very newbie  

ollie
(@ollie)

Hi all. I am trying to learn Fusion 360 so I can make the basic of basic things around the house. I can make rectangles and boxes with circles hanging off them but I now want to make a Hi flow to lo flow diesel adapter so I can fill my VW from the hi flow diesel pump. I have found a pic of the adapter but I would be happy with anything that has 25mm pipe one end and a 31.5 mm pipe at the other end. I was thinking I could make 2 circles and extrude them to the length I wanted but then I realised I didn't know how to join them together. any help in very simple language would be appreciated. thanks  

Paul

Australia

8 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

Hey @ollie,

Everything depends on the End-Result that you are looking for. 

I think in your case a Losft would be the right tool for the job. Start with that, send me the file and I'll help you.

1 Reply
ollie
(@ollie)

@benk

I have done this but I dont know how to join the 2 together your pic looks great. I am not looking for anything special as I dont use hi flow diesel very often. My VW touareg likes expensive clean diesel. Just some service stations in Australia only have fast flow and the VW has a thing in the filler to stop all nozels smaller and bigger than the generic lo flow diesel. I took it out but filled the car with petrol. $1000 later I put it back in. (bad day)

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)
ollie
(@ollie)

I have done this so far just can't join the 2 together.  But getting there

4 Replies
Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@ollie

Good, now you just need to create a Loft between them.

ollie
(@ollie)

@benk 

I have spent 4 hours watching videos about lofts and have still not been able to join. I keep getting the messages as in the screen shot. I have been getting the loft tool. click the end of the upper pipe then when I click the bottom pipe I get the error message. I also get message about "not touching all sides" I think that is the message. it is a yellow message not red. Are you able to see what I may be doing wrong. If not I will try again from scratch today.  thanks for your help

Paul

Australia

Ben K.
Admin
(@benk)

@ollie

Please attach the file.

ollie
(@ollie)

@benk  I have managed to work out the lofts and built my model. Thanks for your help.  You can close item. 

© 2020 All rights Reserved. Design by TESREG.com &
chiefDreamer.com

Follow Us

cross
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram