The Price & Performance comparison tool is one of the most unique features in our platform and you won’t find anything like it on the internet!
This feature is so important and it is also very simple to read and understand. Let’s check it out…
- You can compare Performances.
- You can compare Prices.
- You can compare both Prices and Performances.
- You get 2 results views depends on which row you choose first (The Coin Has Two Sides).
Remember! Before doing any comparison, you must select a Software.
- Select one software from the Software Toggle.
- Check 2 rows you are interested in comparing.
- The Performance window will show up on the Right side of the Software Toggle:
- As you can see in the above example, the Performance window will show the results in Percentage and Actual Value.
- When the Percentage is in Minus (-%) that’s positive, that means Less Time to wait!
But when we are not measuring time, then the Minus Percentage (-%) is not good – Like with the FPS.
- Reading the above example is very simple, the second selected Row (hardware components):
Open – is 96% faster when opening a file,
FPS – 49% less FPS (not good)
Render – 98% faster rendering.
- The Price comparison can ONLY be used in the Favorite tab and ONLY when you check the Price row, which can be found under the component row!
- Reading the Price comparison is straight forward. It showing the price difference between row A to row B.
But! when it used in conjunction with the Performance, then it means – If you will PAY more/less (% or Value), then you will get… more/less (% or Value) Performance.
- Next, you will learn how to read the Price & Performance together (that’s how you will normally use it).
Compare Prices and Performances
At this point, things are starting to get very interesting. This is the point, where you starting to put everything together and ready to make the final decision.
Now you want to know if I pay X what performance would I get? Let’s take a look at this example:
If you put everything we learned together and read the result, then it will look like that:
If we pay 25% ($100) more, then we will get
99% (32 min. less waiting) faster opening
56% (25 frames per second less) fewer Fps
99% (14h 26m less waiting) faster Rendering
2 Results Views
We added this option for those of you who like to see things the other way around as well. Don’t use it if it confuses you 😉
What is that mean, so far we have compared A to B – lower price and or slower component => higher price and or faster component.
Now, we will compare B to A – higher price and or faster component =>to lower price and or slower component. To do that, we will select the second row first and as will see the results have changed:
The results look very different and that is because we Flipped the coin (values didn’t change ONLY the %, Dhaa). If we will read it, then:
If we pay 20% ($100) less, then we will get
9371% (32 min. more waiting) slower opening
125% (25 frames per second more) more Fps
9731% (14h 26m more waiting) slower Rendering
As I mentioned before, this is just another way of looking at the numbers!
If you need help with reading the results, please let us know.